The High School of Applied Arts for Glassmaking in ®elezný Brod
- Foreign students are able to start with studies straight away after acceptance, with individual study plans.
- The capacity of our workshops is limited, therefore it is necessary for all interested students to contact us first by mail. We require a Curriculum Vitae, and samples of your own work (not essential).
- Foreign students are allowed to change department during their studies, if there is sufficient capacity in the requested workshop.
- If the interested student decides to study at our school, we will help with essential paperwork (studying contract, insurance etc) after the students arrival at Zelezny Brod.
- In the event of the student staying for more than three months, we will help with the arrangement of long stay permits.
- If the student wishes to obtain an official certificate of studies at our school, the student is obliged to study for at least three months. A final project has to be presented to our fine arts jury's evaluation at the end of the studies.
- Our school has and offers accommodation facilities for students. The hostel is located 200m from the school building, however some students may prefer to use private accommodation.
- Foreign students are allowed to attend school everyday, excluding public and bank holidays. Workshops are available according to the schedule (always before noon, excluding Thursdays).
- In the case of larger works, students have to pay for the increased volume of materials.
- Foreign student may use space and workshop equipment for their own preparation and work (working designs, modelling) everyday till 4.20pm.
- The school library and computer class is available for students.
- Foreign students may participate in a choice of excursions (museums, galleries, exhibitions, glassmaking companies, monuments), as demanded allows.
- Students are obliged to pay corresponding study fees on time, which will be given.
- For the period of studies foreign students become a student of the high school and have to respect the following rules:
- a)the school's health and safety regulations
- b)behave well towards other students, teachers and all employees of our school
- c)non-smoking, non-alcohol and non-drug policy at school, surrounding areas and school functions
- d)do not carry items, which can harm health or cause wounds (possession, distribution, abuse of drugs, alcohol and guns)
- e)repair or pay for damage caused by negligence or damage caused intentionally on school's property
For more detailed informations please send email to: or